Skip to main content

FRIES WITH PORK (more than the recipe)

I prefer to buy potatoes in "Polish" stores because they ...taste better ... and of course ... they are very cheap, especially in bulk. I buy pork from there also, because it is sold at kg and I can see what I buy. When I find, I purchase, together with the meat, raw, bulk, fat also. Since I buy meat for one month, for me and Calin (about 7 kg of different meat: chicken, beef, pork), I portition it, usually in small blocks (I buy only boneless meat, to not be necessary to remove the bones, as Calin does not want to see them on the plate). I put, into small bags, about 300 g (for one meal, usually pork mixed with beef or pork and fat) and put them in the freezer.

Every day I take a package out; sometimes the wrong one, and then I have to change (immediately) the dish, because Calin comes from work at 18 and he has to eat (a different dish than the previous day). For this reason and because we have too little money I have to cook everyday or almost everyday in house. It is why I said, I'm tired of cooking! Because this dish is one of the few of which people (including Calin) make no fuss, I said myself to post the recipe.

I put the meat straight from the freezer in a hot mixture of about 2 tablespoons olive oil (Organic) and some more corn oil, (both from Tesco). I do not defrost the meat before cooking, because the frozen meat keeps better the properties. If I intend to make meat roll or a dish more complicated (which happens very rare, because I cook every day and my time is limited) requiring bigger piece of meat, then I hold the meat larger. I put a little salt and pepper and when the meat is thawed and begins to fry I pour water, enough to cover the meat and so on until the meat is tender, and then, I let it fry until has a fried colour.

While the meat is cooking, I peel 3 large potatoes (after I washed them), I wash and cut them into cubes and place on kitchen towels to drain. I cut, cubes, a medium zucchini (white, from the Polish store) and put on paper to drain. I use the wok because I put less oil (about ½ l). I put sunflower oil from Tesco (2 bottles of 5 liters each, at £8 both) because it is cheaper and I use it only once (it decomposes and becomes hazardous to health, being used more then ones). I put the drained potatoes and zucchini in a bowl and suddenly pour them in the hot oil, while keeping a lid very close to the surface of the wok, so the hot oil does not splatter.

The cooker fire is at strong and the wok is uncovered at all time. The kitchen door is wide open, because the hair and clothes catch the smell of fried, fast. I use the foam spoon to mix them and after they caught a crust brown/reddish I take them out on kitchen towels, put in a colander, to drain of oil. I sprinkle little salt and pepper and I place them on plate with the fried meat. Sometimes, instead of salt, I sprinkle grated, white, salad cheese (Romanian from Polish store) and Cheddar (Turkish from the same store) and sometimes dill. I mix sometimes the potatoes with raw, onion, finely chopped. I may, sometimes, put a fried egg for decoration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIBERIU si CORNEL

  Aceasta postare este continuare a articolului mai vechi: YOUTUBERII ROMANI, sau CREATORII (mai mult sau mai putin) DE CONTINUT (mai mult sau mai putin de calitate)   Obisnuiesc sa urmaresc, regulat, doar canalele care, chiar imi “spun” ceva. Din majoritatea canalelor, care au sau nu un subiect, vizionez un vlog, poate 2, din curiozitate si decid daca merita sau nu. Sunt unele pe care le-am urmarit un timp, dar din anumite motive, le sau le-am abandonat.   De curand, adica acum vreo trei luni, cautand nu-mi amintesc ce sau de ce, pt copii, am vazut in lista de recomandari din dreapta unui video, un titlu care spunea ceva de o casuta din padure. Din curiozitate am dat click pe video si am vizionat vlogul, apoi am dat click pe un altul. Am vrut sa vad continutul canalului si, de atunci nu m-am mai oprit, pt ca….. i-am descoperit pe cei mai simpatici si carismatici “baieti de baieti” de pe net. Din acel moment canalul TIBERIU si CORNEL  a devenit SUPER DOZA MEA DE RELAXARE !   Vloguril

PROTEST against the Conservative Party campaign for the general elections 7.05.2015

Who took our dignity and self-respect! I’d have comments on each paragraph from the electoral leaflet of the Conservative Party' candidate in the ---constituency; but in this open letter, I shall refer and consider only the paragraph entitled "Immigration". Some may consider that it “instigates to racism”, but I am more tolerant and open to arguments in order to refute this opinion. Paragraph, from Sir Edward Leigh electoral leaflet, inserted here: “IMMIGRATION: Our Regaining control over our borders is an absolute priority. Free movement of EU citizens doesn’t work when you have countries as diverse as Britain or Sweden on the one hand and Bulgaria and Romania on the other. We need to see a move to a more balanced, managed system of migration that restricts economic migrants while allowing talented people in.” My family consists of two members: me and my son. We live on the hill. My name is Marylena C.Goia; I am 61 years old, a Romanian national and permanent resi

YOUTUBERII ROMANI, sau CREATORII (mai mult sau mai putin) DE CONTINUT (mai mult sau mai putin de calitate)

VLOGGERI, INFLUENCERI, PODCASTERI in viziunea mea, de aici de pe deal din UK”! pe care ii urmaresc, mai mult sau mai putin regulat, chiar daca apreciez munca lor. Din postarile unora dintre ei, razbat, pana la urechile mele, urmele unei trasaturi unice a caracterului romanesc, in care un alt roman nu poate fi mai destept si mai frumos decat el/ea (cel ce posteaza).   Cele mai prezente clipuri pe YouTube, (cu cele mai multe vizualizari), sunt cele muzicale: manelele (urmarite de categoria cea mai mare de romani cu o educatie mai mult sau mai putin indoielnica), muzica creata pentru auditoriul foarte tanar si….restul genurilor. NOAPTEA TARZIU – o trupa compusa din 3 tineri, pe care am descoperit-o de curand si care m-a surprins placut nu numai cu muzica lor dar si cu prezentarea. Destepti baieti! Urmeaza continutul facil, care nu oboseste creierul, pentru adolescenti, continutul pentru copii si…..restul.   Oricum, privesc la toate genurile de clipuri, in functie de cheful de mome