Skip to main content

BOEUF SALAD (more than the recipe)

It is a mixture of vegetables and meat, boiled, linked with mayonnaise. This salad, very tasty, may have been made with beef (because of the name), but we the Romanians make it with chicken. Anyway, I think you'll like! I tried this recipe "on several Brits" and they liked it. They did not say this out of complacency, but because they ate as the Romanians do, meaning, a lot! This salad is served, usually at holidays: Christmas, birthdays, memorable events. I make it quite often, because

I like it and that it is quite healthy and feeding. I do not use to weigh dishes ingredients, nor I taste it for salt and spices, which makes me a talented cook, because very rare a dish is not cooked similar to Masterchief (as Calin says). Anyway, I feel replete, up to ears, of cooking. Let me tell you from where I take the ingredients to cook. Here, in the UK there are specific continental stores ("Polish" stores), usually located in cities and towns, on the High st., Portland st., Freeman st.. and their names are: European food, Polish Dely .... The food is very diverse, colorful, having "strong" smell and taste, as Stanley (a friend of mine) says. And the price is lower than in hypermarkets. So let's start!

I put, directly from the freezer a medium chicken breast to boil in a pot with about 2 liters of cold water. I peel the vegetables: 1/2 of a medium celery root (about 10 cm in diameter), a medium parsnip and parsley roots (parsley root, even exist), 3 medium carrots and a medium potato. I, always, wash the vegetables before I peel them and after When the water on the meat begins to boil, remove the foam and put in whole, the vegetables. I put: salt (about a teaspoon) and a bit of pepper and sugar. Also I put an egg (which I washed with detergent and rinsed well) to boil it strong.

While meat and vegetables boil, I make the mayonnaise. I cut the boiled egg in half, remove the yolk and crush it with a spoon in a bowl. When it is cooled, I put a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of classic mustard and a raw egg yolk. Then I begin to pour, in a thin thread, corn oil and mix with an electric mixer, at high speed until the mayonnaise gets hard. I add the juice of half, smaller lemon. The mayonnaise is ready in 2-3 minutes, when about ¼ of 1 liter bottle oil is consumed and the composition is hard.

I take 4 pieces of medium cucumbers in vinegar or brine from a jar (small- cucumbers named gherkins). The potatoes boil first, and I cut it out into small cubes, then the carrots, parsnips, celery, parsley and meat; the cucumbers, already, being cut. We (me and Calin) do not like salty food, so, I do not put salt into the composition. I mix all of the above ingredients with half of the mayonnaise, put in a pan and level with a knife, put the other half of mayonnaise over the salad, level it and then ... decorate.

It does not make me bad, nor even when I eat it at dinner, before bed time. I like to eat the salad with a fresh or vinegar marinated chili pepper and ....real bread!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIBERIU si CORNEL

  Aceasta postare este continuare a articolului mai vechi: YOUTUBERII ROMANI, sau CREATORII (mai mult sau mai putin) DE CONTINUT (mai mult sau mai putin de calitate)   Obisnuiesc sa urmaresc, regulat, doar canalele care, chiar imi “spun” ceva. Din majoritatea canalelor, care au sau nu un subiect, vizionez un vlog, poate 2, din curiozitate si decid daca merita sau nu. Sunt unele pe care le-am urmarit un timp, dar din anumite motive, le sau le-am abandonat.   De curand, adica acum vreo trei luni, cautand nu-mi amintesc ce sau de ce, pt copii, am vazut in lista de recomandari din dreapta unui video, un titlu care spunea ceva de o casuta din padure. Din curiozitate am dat click pe video si am vizionat vlogul, apoi am dat click pe un altul. Am vrut sa vad continutul canalului si, de atunci nu m-am mai oprit, pt ca….. i-am descoperit pe cei mai simpatici si carismatici “baieti de baieti” de pe net. Din acel moment canalul TIBERIU si CORNEL  a devenit SUPER DOZA MEA DE RELAXARE !   Vloguril

PROTEST against the Conservative Party campaign for the general elections 7.05.2015

Who took our dignity and self-respect! I’d have comments on each paragraph from the electoral leaflet of the Conservative Party' candidate in the ---constituency; but in this open letter, I shall refer and consider only the paragraph entitled "Immigration". Some may consider that it “instigates to racism”, but I am more tolerant and open to arguments in order to refute this opinion. Paragraph, from Sir Edward Leigh electoral leaflet, inserted here: “IMMIGRATION: Our Regaining control over our borders is an absolute priority. Free movement of EU citizens doesn’t work when you have countries as diverse as Britain or Sweden on the one hand and Bulgaria and Romania on the other. We need to see a move to a more balanced, managed system of migration that restricts economic migrants while allowing talented people in.” My family consists of two members: me and my son. We live on the hill. My name is Marylena C.Goia; I am 61 years old, a Romanian national and permanent resi

YOUTUBERII ROMANI, sau CREATORII (mai mult sau mai putin) DE CONTINUT (mai mult sau mai putin de calitate)

VLOGGERI, INFLUENCERI, PODCASTERI in viziunea mea, de aici de pe deal din UK”! pe care ii urmaresc, mai mult sau mai putin regulat, chiar daca apreciez munca lor. Din postarile unora dintre ei, razbat, pana la urechile mele, urmele unei trasaturi unice a caracterului romanesc, in care un alt roman nu poate fi mai destept si mai frumos decat el/ea (cel ce posteaza).   Cele mai prezente clipuri pe YouTube, (cu cele mai multe vizualizari), sunt cele muzicale: manelele (urmarite de categoria cea mai mare de romani cu o educatie mai mult sau mai putin indoielnica), muzica creata pentru auditoriul foarte tanar si….restul genurilor. NOAPTEA TARZIU – o trupa compusa din 3 tineri, pe care am descoperit-o de curand si care m-a surprins placut nu numai cu muzica lor dar si cu prezentarea. Destepti baieti! Urmeaza continutul facil, care nu oboseste creierul, pentru adolescenti, continutul pentru copii si…..restul.   Oricum, privesc la toate genurile de clipuri, in functie de cheful de mome